3/05/2010

33 - The Forest --- El bosque


The Forest

The forest stands before me
tall, gray, black,
conferring over me it secrets.
The dark woodland opens its legs
while I go into it, slowly.
The wind makes the leaves shiver
and I keep on walking into the womb
of the obscure mass of wood and dirt
that closes over me.


El bosque

Alto, gris, negro, estático frente a mi,
el bosque me cubre con sus secretos.
La flora obscura abre sus piernas
mientras yo me adentro
y el viento hace temblar las hojas
y yo sigo caminando hacia la matriz
de la obscura masa de madera y tierra
que se cierra sobre mi.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it never seizes to amaze me. your poetry is truly a breath of fresh air. The Photography can only be defined in so many words, but I will choose this one carefully. Exquisite.

Arlette Cepeda said...

Can't agree more with Mr. F. Exquisite is the right word. I think this is one of my favorite poems so far. Keep'em coming girl!

Meli Ros said...

"El bosque me cubre con sus secretos"... Muchas de las veces siempre estamos en esas, pero no hay nada que quede oculto.

"Mientras yo me adentro"... Siempre debemos buscar más allá".

"Y el viento hace temblar las hojas"... Sentimos miedo quizás.

"y yo sigo caminando hacia la matriz"... Para y hasta encontar la verdad, "tu verdad" "mi verdad".

EXQUISITO... De acuerdo con Mr. F y Arlette Cepeda. Qué viene después Sarah?