2/01/2010

The 365 Days Photo & Poem Project

This is my own personal little project. I got the inspiration from a friend in a social web. A friend of hers is doing the 365 days picture challenge. I thought of going further by combining the two things I love the most: Photography and Poetry. The over all challenge for me:
365 days; 365 pictures; 365 poems.

This represent a personal challenge to myself. I have never written a poem in English (all my poems are in Spanish check them out at my blog Sentir de Nuevo). It also represents a different challenge: finding a moving and/or interesting picture for everyday of the year, being a full time student and a full time employee. I also have a picture blog, Visiones Desde Adentro.

As my profile may be in Spanish, I want to tell you a little about myself. I'm a Dominican living, studying and working in NYC. I study Literature and enjoy reading and writing more than anything in the world. I'm a photographer, and aspire to become a published author someday. I would also love to be able to travel to Europe and Egypt, meet Gabriel García Marquez, Enrique Bumbury and Silvio Rodriguez. I picture myself getting old in a little cottage into the woods.

Now that you know more about me (you being whomever happens to come across this blog by coicidence, destiny or pure mistake), I want to tell you that you can feel free to ask any questions you might have. I will answer them. Just leave a comment.

This said, I'm leaving you to my newborn baby:
The 365 Days Photo & Poem Project.

5 comments:

Meli Ros said...

YOU SEE FRIEND THAT GOD NEVER LEAVES US, IT(HE,SHE) HAS THE RESPONSE FOR EVERY SITUATION, GUN-SIGHT SINCE(AS,LIKE) I KNOW ABRIO YOUR IMAGINATION, WISH YOU THE BETTER(BEST) THING, MY BEAUTIFUL INDIES...

ME ENCANTA ESTE PROYECTO...

TE QUIERO MUCHO...

Héctor Emilio (Motika) said...

Una foto diaria es de por si un proyecto ambicioso, pero una foto y un poema diario es una tarea titánica. Arranca! estaré disfrutando de ambos. Gracias por permitirme ser parte de tus espectadores.

Julie said...

I love the Idea Sarah its great I think I might do something like that but in the drawing department lol

Carolyn said...

Solo desearle suerte amiga poeta...

Arlette Cepeda said...

Congratulations Sarah!

I think this is a great project. The pictures are very good. I can't comment on the poems, yet because I haven't read them. I will do that next. Good luck in finishing it and have fun in the process.